Why do so many fast exits from Google keep popping up?

On the Tor metrics relay search page, I’ve seen lots of Google servers, typically in Dehli running Windows, with >1gbps.

Whats up with this? Are these mistakes or malicious actors?

This has been answered before. Its people using a cloud service hosted or fronted by google, its nothing malicious, however KAX17 is a different issue which seemingly nobody cares too much about

Nameless via Tor Project Forum:

This has been answered before. Its people using a cloud service hosted or fronted by google, its nothing malicious, however KAX17 is a different issue which seemingly nobody cares too much about

What makes you believe that nobody cares about that too much?

It was mentioned a couple of times then forgotten about, you have to scroll around even trying to find the thread on here, I’m sure whoever’s behind it must feel pretty firmly set. Its also lulzy how they say there is no evidence of attack, and then refer to the operator as attacker lol.

Nameless via Tor Project Forum:

It was mentioned a couple of times then forgotten about, you have to scroll around even trying to find the thread on here, I’m sure whoever’s behind it must feel pretty firmly set.

It’s forum here and folks do bring topics up they want to talk about. So? :slight_smile:

Its also lulzy how they say there is no evidence of attack, and then refer to the operator as attacker lol.

Care to share a link to what you are talking about? Here is what I wrote
to the tor-relays@ list:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-November/019980.html

and I don’t think I mentioned there the operator being an attacker while
talking about there being no evidence of any attack.

1 Like

And frequency of discussion denotes position within the pages, meaning nobody is talking about it :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m talking about what was written here by nusenu considering Tor themselves knew nothing about it until they released this information.

I know you have no evidence of an attack from it, but you had no knowledge of its existence until somebody else told you and all other attacks against Tor weren’t predicted by you either. If it is an attack then it could unmask 10.34% at first hop, 24.33% at middle hop and 4.6% on the exit, yet you have to scroll around the official forum to find outdated responses about it because people don’t care.