[tor-relays] Are HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort Disabled in Bridge Mode?

All:

Are HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort Disabled in Bridge Mode (BridgeRelay 1)?

Recently, I migrated over to Bridge Relays and discovered I can no longer client connect over 9080 (HTTPTunnelPort) or 9050 (SocksPort).

I’ve confirmed that listeners are still binding to 9080 and 9050, but I can no longer client connect over them. However, I am able to successfully client connect over the new ServerTransportListenAddr and Port.

Is it possible to use HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort in Bridge Mode (BridgeRelay 1)?

Respectfully,

Gary

···

This Message Originated by the Sun.
iBigBlue 63W Solar Array (~12 Hour Charge)

• 2 x Charmast 26800mAh Power Banks
    = iPhone XS Max 512GB (~2 Weeks Charged)
2 Likes

All:

Please disregard. It was human error.

Failed testing of the HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort was initially attempted through Tor Browser (which is not permitted).

The HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort testing was successful through a normal browser (i.e., Firefox, Chrome, etc).

In short, the HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort successfully work along side BridgeRelay 1 Mode.

Respectfully,

Gary

···

On Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 3:56:26 AM PST, Gary C. New via tor-relays tor-relays@lists.torproject.org wrote:

All:

Are HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort Disabled in Bridge Mode (BridgeRelay 1)?

Recently, I migrated over to Bridge Relays and discovered I can no longer client connect over 9080 (HTTPTunnelPort) or 9050 (SocksPort).

I’ve confirmed that listeners are still binding to 9080 and 9050, but I can no longer client connect over them. However, I am able to successfully client connect over the new ServerTransportListenAddr and Port.

Is it possible to use HTTPTunnelPort and SocksPort in Bridge Mode (BridgeRelay 1)?

Respectfully,

Gary

tor-relays mailing list
tor-relays@lists.torproject.org
https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays