[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, February 2023

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for February 2023.

At the beginning of the month, I continued improving the profile directory patch of Tor Browser [0].
Then, for the rest of the month, I kept polishing tiny details in the browser and in our build system.
I am very satisfied with some changes, such as the one to display the commit hash Tor Browser has been built from in about:buildconfig [1]. I also sent a patch to Mozilla to generalize the browser name on that page [2].
I also sent a patch to prevent the network ID computed by Firefox from being persistent [3].
Another couple of tasks I worked on were fixes and improvements on the system font normalization patch [4], and I tried to fix the reproducibility problems with RLBox [5].

Best,
Pier

[0] Bug 20497: Check if the browser should run in portable mode at runtime (Tor Browser) (!541) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab
[1] Embed repo URL and git revision in Firefox (#40764) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build · GitLab
[2] 1814416 - Use the app displayname in about:buildconfig
[3] 1817756 - Consider adding a seed to the network ID
[4] Regression in 12.5a3: the system font patch should also set a font-size (#41646) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab
[5] Find why rlbox hurts reproducibility (#40750) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build · GitLab

···