Here are your monthly TPA minutes, enjoy!
anarcat, kez, lavamind, gaba are present. colchicifolium backups are broken, and we’re looking into it, but that’s not really an emergency, as it is definitely not new. see issue 40650.
We discussed the TPA-RFC-15 proposal.
The lack of IMAP services is going to be a problem for some personas and should probably be considered part of the propsoal.
For approval, we should first send to tor-internal for comments, then a talk at all hands in april, then isa/sue for financial approval.
We went through the dashboards:
- Development · Boards · The Tor Project / TPA / TPA team · GitLab
- Development · Boards · Web · GitLab
- Development · Boards · TPA · GitLab
We moved a bunch of stuff to the icebox (particularly in the gitlab-lobby and anon_ticket projects), and also made sure to assign every ~Next ticket to someone in the web team. Generally, we only looked at tickets associated with a Milestone in the web dashboard because it’s otherwise too crowded.
We’re going to have those work parties coming up:
- ganeti gnt-chi: on Tuesday, finish setting up the gnt-chi cluster, to train people with out of band access and ipsec
- bullseye upgrades: in a week or two, to upgrade a significant chunk of the fleet to bullseye, see ticket 40662 where we’ll make a plan and send announcements
anarcat is planning some off time during the first weeks of august, do let him know if you plan to take some time off this summer.
We discussed the future of media.tpo (tpo/web/team#30), since it mentions rsync and could be a place to store things like assets for the blog and other sites.
anarcat said we shouldn’t use it as a CDN because it’s really just an archive, and only a single server. if we need a place like that, we should find some other place. we should probably stop announcing the rsync service instead of fixing it, I doubt anyone is using that.
We briefly talked about colchicifolium, but that will be reviewed at the next checkin.
- hosts in Puppet: 87, LDAP: 87, Prometheus exporters: 143
- number of Apache servers monitored: 25, hits per second: 301
- number of self-hosted nameservers: 6, mail servers: 8
- pending upgrades: 22, reboots: 1
- average load: 0.92, memory available: 4.11 TiB/5.13 TiB, running processes: 646
- disk free/total: 31.96 TiB/84.70 TiB
- bytes sent: 331.59 MB/s, received: 201.29 MB/s
- planned bullseye upgrades completion date: 2024-12-01
GitLab tickets: 177 tickets including…
- open: 0
- icebox: 151
- backlog: 9
- next: 9
- doing: 5
- needs information: 3
- (closed: 2643)
Upgrade prediction graph lives at bullseye · Wiki · The Tor Project / TPA / TPA team · GitLab
Now also available as the main Grafana dashboard. Head to https://grafana.torproject.org/, change the time period to 30 days, and wait a while for results to render.