[tor-project] Marco's monthly status report, June 2022

Hi, here's my monthly status report for June 2022

First, as it was my first month, I had to set up a Windows debug environment for S131 MinGW WebRTC work.

For the pluggable transport bundle in tor-browser-build, I finished (hopefully, it's in review now) the relevant merge request [1]. During this, the now legacy Windows expert bundle was removed, which resulted in a small patch to tor-launcher [2], and also a bug was fixed with Go 1.18 building on macOS [3].

Finally, for S131 work, I met with Tom Ritter and got access to Mozilla's Try server to help me sort out MinGW issues faster :slight_smile:
[4] (NB: I think this link requires a valid login to people.mozilla.org, and the relevant commit request ticket [5], is marked as confidential)

In July I'm planning on having the compilation issues for WebRTC under MinGW resolved, and begin debugging issues at runtime.

Cheers,
Marco

[1] Draft: Generate pluggable transport bundle on release (!443) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build · GitLab
[2] Set 'startHidden' flag on tor process in tor-launcher (#41039) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab
[3] go 1.18 fails to build on macOS (#40464) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build · GitLab
[4] Mozilla People Directory
[5] Access Denied

···