[tor-project] Cecylia's Monthly Status Report, May 2022

Hi everyone,

This is my status report for contract work in May 2022.

1. Onboarding itchyonion on Sponsor 28 deliverables:

* Helped itchyonion find and debug a race condition in Snowflake that was caught in the s28 test environment [0]

2. Conjure pluggable transport for Tor

* Finished setting up a VM-based test environment for Conjure [1]

* Found and fixed some pain points with setting up test Conjure station [2,3]

* Updated the Conjure Tor PT client after debugging it in the test environment [4]

This month I'll be continuing work on the Conjure PT. The client is close to having everything it needs for a minimum viable connection. My focus will be on figuring out how to connect through the station to a Tor bridge.

Thanks!
- Cecylia

[0] Race condition in broker library causes broker to crash (#40142) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab

[1] Cecylia Bocovich / phantombox · GitLab

[2] Correct path to start_zbalance_ipc.sh script by cohosh · Pull Request #124 · refraction-networking/conjure · GitHub

[3] Missing dark-decoy.prefixes file · Issue #125 · refraction-networking/conjure · GitHub

[4] Use bidirectional registration API to connect (65ad508a) · Commits · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / conjure · GitLab

···

2 Likes