Tor browser font

Hello fellow people. I have a short question. What is the name of the default font in the Tor browser? Thanks

1 Like

You don’t say what OS you’re using, so I’ll give you the general info:

If you go to about:config in your address bar and then search for font, you will see all of the settings for fonts in Tor Browser. It says for “font.default.x-western” it says “sans-serif” which makes sense since the menu font is definitely a sans-serif type font (fyi, sans-serif means that letters like capital “I” don’t have a hat and feet, if you know what I mean").

On deeper inspection, I see that Tor Browser does comes with a few fonts:

Arimo-Bold.ttf                NotoSansCanadianAboriginal-Regular.ttf  NotoSansKhmer-Regular.ttf      NotoSansTC-Regular.otf         STIXMath-Regular.otf
Arimo-BoldItalic.ttf          NotoSansCherokee-Regular.ttf            NotoSansKR-Regular.otf         NotoSansTelugu-Regular.ttf     Tinos-Bold.ttf
Arimo-Italic.ttf              NotoSansDevanagari-Regular.ttf          NotoSansLao-Regular.ttf        NotoSansThaana-Regular.ttf     Tinos-BoldItalic.ttf
Arimo-Regular.ttf             NotoSansEthiopic-Regular.ttf            NotoSansMalayalam-Regular.ttf  NotoSansThai-Regular.ttf       Tinos-Italic.ttf
Cousine-Regular.ttf           NotoSansGeorgian-Regular.ttf            NotoSansMongolian-Regular.ttf  NotoSansTibetan-Regular.ttf    Tinos-Regular.ttf
NotoEmoji-Regular.ttf         NotoSansGujarati-Regular.ttf            NotoSansMyanmar-Regular.ttf    NotoSansYi-Regular.ttf         TwemojiMozilla.ttf
NotoNaskhArabic-Regular.ttf   NotoSansGurmukhi-Regular.ttf            NotoSansOriya-Regular.ttf      NotoSerifArmenian-Regular.ttf  
NotoSansArmenian-Regular.ttf  NotoSansHebrew-Regular.ttf              NotoSansSC-Regular.otf         NotoSerifKhmer-Regular.ttf     
NotoSansBengali-Regular.ttf   NotoSansJP-Regular.otf                  NotoSansSinhala-Regular.ttf    NotoSerifLao-Regular.ttf       
NotoSansBuginese-Regular.ttf  NotoSansKannada-Regular.ttf             NotoSansTamil-Regular.ttf      NotoSerifThai-Regular.ttf      

I’m guessing that the font that your referring to is in the Arimo or the NotoSansSC family.

1 Like