Local drive access permission question

I’m using Tor 12.0 in MX Linux 21, I can connect without any problem, when I tried to import bookmarks from an HTML file or when I try to save a downloaded file to my local drive, I got an error “permission denied”. Tor browser can only see folders in my home dir under Tor. Is there a setting in Tor that I can allow access to other folders beside my home drive?
ps: I seems to remember something about access rights during install, but I don’t recall the details.
Thanks for your comments/suggestion

As far as I just tested, Tor Browser shouldn’t stop you from reading and writing to wherever you have rights . If your user doesn’t have write/read rights then Tor Browser will not be able to read/write to that place. So ensure that you have that.

Not sure if during installation I made a mistake or not, my MX Linux is installed on a 512MB SSD and my data on a separate HD, I have no problem accessing data from Linux user, but when I tried to open my HTML bookmark file stored in data, Tor said permission denied, the same when I tried to save to data, the only place it allowed me to save is in /home/michael/.local/share/torbrowser/tbb/x86_64/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/Downloads/

Thanks for your comments/suggestion

It looks like you are using torbrowser-launcher, I believe it includes configuration to limit Tor Browser, probably that is why.

Yes, I’m using torbrowser-launcher, according the info I got from internet, launcher will launch Tor browser, so the settings and access rights should be the same or I’m mistaken?

No, torbrowser-launcher also includes an AppArmor profile which only allows it to read and write to a minimum of places: torbrowser-launcher/torbrowser.Browser.firefox at develop · micahflee/torbrowser-launcher · GitHub

Thanks so much for your clarification.