Can VPNs track and store Tor browser data

I usually use a vpn while surfing on tor ,but my countrys government has recently started regulating vpns, it is mandatory for them to store user data so wil they be able to track and store tor browser data as well ?

India? The vpn which you are using to connect before using Tor, does it have servers in your country and are you selecting your country’s server?

No it’s actually automated i randomly get french, United kingdom or some gulf servers most of the time.

Think of the VPN as just another network. Your ISP doesn’t see what you’re doing when you use Tor without a VPN, right? So, why would the VPN see what you’re doing when you use Tor?

I use ProtonVPN, and there’s an option to use certain servers configured for Tor. A couple of things I found in the literature were:

“Proton VPN Tor nodes connect to the Tor network by establishing a new route each time a user opens a new VPN session. This means that none of the Tor nodes along the way receive information about the originating client and thus, even in the case of a malicious Tor node, your personal data stay hidden.”

and:

“When using Tor over VPN, DNS queries are handled by whatever DNS services the individual Tor nodes use, not by Proton.”

Then you are good to go afaik because only servers located in a country were told to store data. Which vpn are you using before connecting to tor? If some vpns like keepsolid are used before connecting tor then tor never connects.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.