Updating browser UI to avoid potential trackers

I’ve started using a clipboard manager (clipBoardFusion) on Windows and I’ve noticed by chance that it also real-time tracks opened programs. It’s creepy because it also tracks Tor browser which now might be useless even though I’m running a screen protection app.

I don’t care about the app itself because I’m using it offline/not logged in, but it is a concern when it comes to other softwares.

And I don’t know how apps in general are able to track opened apps and how to prevent this type of tracking, but since Tor browser is the only concern and it is obviously a UI/browser problem and has nothing to do with the Tor Network , I suggeste updating the browser UI itself specifically tabs bar (instead of extensions) in unique way different from common browsers tab + adding a built-in screen protection similar to the mobile version.

Another option could be to use Tails OS or Whonix or to use Tor Browser in a Virtual Machine (e.g. VirtualBox). There are many lightweight Linux operating systems, including 32-bit, so you could run Tor Browser in a VM on the same computer or install Linux on a separate, old laptop/desktop. These days there are many easy to use entry level Linux operating systems.

2 Likes

I suggeste updating the browser UI itself specifically tabs bar (instead of extensions) in unique way different from common browsers tab + adding a built-in screen protection similar to the mobile version.

Hi @ruri! Depending on your version of Windows, you may be able to restrict the ability of applications to take screenshots within Settings > Screenshots and Apps (specifically “Allow desktop apps to take screenshots of various windows or displays”).

I think this option was added in Windows 10 , although I’m not a Windows user so I can’t say for certain.

I’m not sure I follow how specifically updating the tab bar would help though – could you explain that a little more?

Maybe something like a separate/nested protected sandbox. I’m not sure if this could be done, or if there might be any kind of interfere. You can experiment with this.
I’ll switch to Linux, but I think this should still be solved as a project seeking complete anonymity.

Right, but I’m trying to understand what the UI component of your suggestion would be? In particular, you mentioned “updating the browser UI itself specifically tabs bar (instead of extensions) in unique way different from common browsers tab”.