Unable to open Tor browser

Trying to open the Tor browser. I get this message:
firefox.exe - Application error. The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000022).

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Cheers

This problem has started again. Firefox will open but TOR doesn’t. I can’t remember how it was resolved last time. I have Googled the issue, but the online advice makes little sense as I only have low to medium computer skills.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

I’ve found easy advice on Autodesk website - try running browser with administrator rights (click on icon with right mouse button and select “Run as administrator”).
It may be not the best option for everyday use, but it may help to track the problem.
Also you may try disabling antivirus, I saw that NOD32 may cause such problem.

cheers, I’ll try that

thanks Vort, now working like a charm

It is, in general, a good idea to run programs with as less as privileges as possible, for security reasons.
So it might be a good idea to run it without admin rights. Can you remember how you installed it?

2 Likes

Hi WaShogun,
I can’t remember how I installed it to be honest. If I uninstall/reinstall will I have the option of running as administrator or not?
Cheers

You will, but running the browser as administrator is really not advisable: you are giving the browser, and a potential exploit, too much privilege. Did you try what coacx suggested? It seems the most likely approach.

2 Likes