[tor-relays] Will pay but need someone

Hi all,

I own coffswifi4 in Spain. I don’t have the time to maintain or upgrade. I’m willing to keep on paying for the hosting but wonder if someone wishes to take over the account and build a new server and upgrade.

Paul

···

Sent from my Huawei phone

Hi Paul,

Thanks for running a relay for Tor! I own multiple Bridge Nodes following the recent events and what I’ve seen to have noticed is that they don’t need much work. I have dabbled with running Exit Relays however I have faced many DMCA notices which I couldn’t manage. I would be happy to take-care / manage your relay to help keep Tor running smoothly and securely :slight_smile:

Leon

···

On Tue, 17 May 2022 at 14:39, paul@coffswifi.net <paul@coffswifi.net> wrote:

Hi all,

I own coffswifi4 in Spain. I don’t have the time to maintain or upgrade. I’m willing to keep on paying for the hosting but wonder if someone wishes to take over the account and build a new server and upgrade.

Paul

tor-relays mailing list
tor-relays@lists.torproject.org
https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays

I see it is an exit relay, maybe switching down to a middle/guard would reduce the abuse emails coming and mean you would be be able to keep running it?

Middle relays only need occasional check in, upgrades when they are released (I think every few months) and a downtime mointor to auto inform you

Just something to consider, as the more people running individual relays helps network diversity, and this will probably be gathered into a large relay family (depending on who reply’s)

···

Hi all,

Paul

tor-relays mailing list
tor-relays@lists.torproject.org
tor-relays Info Page

Hey Paul,

I searched the relay name on metrics and found it seems to be running for almost about 4 years until today.

http://hctxrvjzfpvmzh2jllqhgvvkoepxb4kfzdjm6h7egcwlumggtktiftid.onion/rs.html#details/9C5AFD49AAE4E0272BAD780C6DD71CE1A36012A6

That's looks like a useful one since it allows exiting.

I was running previously only Non-Exit and Bridge Relays as hobby admin, therefore I would have no experience with exit traffic abuse handling until now. But unfortunately did not have enough spare pocket money to finance this hobby.

Personally I do pefer debian for server and I would like build an debian tor node.

By the way, the one who will keep admin it, should add Fingerprint to his/her Nodes "MyFamily".

Best Regards

Jonfri

paul@coffswifi.net:

···

Hi all,

I own coffswifi4 in Spain. I don't have the time to maintain or upgrade. I'm willing to keep on paying for the hosting but wonder if someone wishes to take over the account and build a new server and upgrade.

Paul

(Attachment jonasfriedli.vcf is missing)

Hi Paul,

Can you share more information with me, because I am interested.

I am maintaining two relays myself.

\-------- Original Message --------

···

Sent from ProtonMail mobile
On Jun 7, 2022, 5:15 PM, Jonas Friedli via tor-relays < tor-relays@lists.torproject.org> wrote:

Hey Paul, I searched the relay name on metrics and found it seems to be running for almost about 4 years until today. http://hctxrvjzfpvmzh2jllqhgvvkoepxb4kfzdjm6h7egcwlumggtktiftid.onion/rs.html\\\#details/9C5AFD49AAE4E0272BAD780C6DD71CE1A36012A6 That's looks like a useful one since it allows exiting. I was running previously only Non-Exit and Bridge Relays as hobby admin, therefore I would have no experience with exit traffic abuse handling until now. But unfortunately did not have enough spare pocket money to finance this hobby. Personally I do pefer debian for server and I would like build an debian tor node. By the way, the one who will keep admin it, should add Fingerprint to his/her Nodes "MyFamily". Best Regards Jonfri paul@coffswifi.net: > Hi all, > > I own coffswifi4 in Spain. I don't have the time to maintain or upgrade. > I'm willing to keep on paying for the hosting but wonder if someone > wishes to take over the account and build a new server and upgrade. > > Paul > > Sent from my Huawei phone > > \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_ > tor-relays mailing list > tor-relays@lists.torproject.org > tor-relays Info Page \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_ tor-relays mailing list tor-relays@lists.torproject.org tor-relays Info Page

1 Like