[tor-relays] disable moderation on tor-relays again?

Hi,

can we try to disable moderation on this list again and see how it goes?

If it gets out of hand you can always move back to a moderated mode or a mode where
the first email of a sender is moderated.

kind regards,
nusenu

···

--
https://nusenu.github.io

nusenu:

Hi,

If it gets out of hand you can always move back to a moderated mode or a mode where

I've no strong opinion but looking over my moderator experience spanning the past months/years I can see some benefit of preventing spam, abusive behavior and mails not intended for the group from reaching the mailing list and thus everyone subscribed to it. There are downsides like the delay of posts arriving on the list but that's a thing we could fix by putting more posters onto our allow list.

But, as mentioned, I'd not be opposed to disable moderation at this point.

Georg

I would like to make you aware of a compromise option: Last time I checked, Mailman gave moderators the option to allowlist the sender when accepting a post.

This feature could be used more often to avoid those frustrating delays for a growing number of participants.

C:

···

Am 14. Februar 2023 09:57:38 MEZ schrieb Georg Koppen gk@torproject.org:

nusenu:

> Hi,
> 
> can we try to disable moderation on this list again and see how it goes?
> 
> If it gets out of hand you can always move back to a moderated mode or a mode where
> the first email of a sender is moderated.

I've no strong opinion but looking over my moderator experience spanning the past months/years I can see some benefit of preventing spam, abusive behavior and mails not intended for the group from reaching the mailing list and thus everyone subscribed to it. There are downsides like the delay of posts arriving on the list but that's a thing we could fix by putting more posters onto our allow list.

Georg

Christian Pietsch:

I would like to make you aware of a compromise option: Last time I checked, Mailman gave moderators the option to allowlist the sender when accepting a post.

Yeah, that's the option I had in mind in my previous mail (and which we are using even though arguably not as aggressively as we could).

Georg

···

This feature could be used more often to avoid those frustrating delays for a growing number of participants.

C:

Am 14. Februar 2023 09:57:38 MEZ schrieb Georg Koppen <gk@torproject.org>:

nusenu:

Hi,

Georg

Christian Pietsch:

Yeah, that's the option I had in mind in my previous mail (and which we are using even though arguably not as aggressively as we could).

Yes. I try to do this each time I'm moderating the list but I agree that we should do it more frequently.

···

On 2/15/23 01:44, Georg Koppen wrote:

Georg

C:

Am 14. Februar 2023 09:57:38 MEZ schrieb Georg Koppen >> <gk@torproject.org>:

nusenu:

Hi,

Georg