Thanks everyone who made it to today’s UX team monthly meeting! We’re looking forward to seeing you all again on January 11th, with an aim to resume weekly team meetings thereafter.
Here are the minutes:
Today we discussed Tor Browser 11.0.1 for desktop’s release and ongoing user support, shared an update on the UX Team’s search for a Brand Designer, listed some ways we can improve weekly project management within the team, and discussed the need to update our onboarding materials for volunteer user researchers.
== Monthly User Experience Team Meeting ==
Open IRC meetings happen monthly on the first Tuesday of the month at 1400 UTC in #tor-meeting on OFTC.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday January 11****th at 1400 UTC in #tor-meeting on OFTC.
Here are the minutes from our most recent meetings:
Tuesday December 7****th 14:00 UTC
== What projects are we working on? ==
S9 - Usability and Community Intervention on Support for Democracy and Human Rights
S30 - Empowering Communities in the Global South to Bypass Censorship
S96 – Rapid Expansion of Access to the Uncensored Internet through Tor in China, Hong Kong, & Tibet
S101 - Tor VPN Client for Android
== Announcements ==
- Tor Browser 11.0.1 Release (desktop only): https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1101/
== Agenda ==
1. Tor Browser 11 post-launch update
Forum thread here: https://forum.torproject.net/t/new-release-tor-browser-11-0-1/656
2. Brand Designer hiring update
Job post here: https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs/brand-designer/
3. UX Team Project Management – how can we improve it?
Roadmap & planning board: https://www.figma.com/file/n4ETd0cUkcfj3KyclJQnt3/UX-Team-Planning?node-id=0%3A1
UX Kanban: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/boards?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&label_name=UX
We decided to:
- Restart weekly team meetings in January (at the same timeslot?)
- Begin each team meeting with our todolists and a mini-ticket triage
- Consider a separate label for UX team work (distinct from tpo UX issues) or otherwise optimize the UX kanban
4. Create research plan for volunteers
- Create a new onboarding process for volunteers
- Include two new research plans (one for desktop, one for mobile)
- Send it to the mailing list
- Include an open floor to share findings during the weekly meetings
== Open Call for User Research ==
Find out how to contribute to the UX team: https://community.torproject.org/user-research/how-to-volunteer/
Product Manager & UX Team Lead