[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, June 2022

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for June 2022.

At the beginning of the month, I finished reviewing, reordering, and improving our patch set [0], as part of the work for S131.
Then, I merged other changes I had worked on during the past months: the offline manual is now a thing, and we also merged the new mechanism to deal with the .securedrop.tor.onion domains. With it, we could remove HTTPS Everywhere from the desktop version of TBB.
All these changes are available in Tor Browser 11.5a13.
Some other minor changes I have been working on will be available in the next release (possibly, the first stable of Tor Browser 11.5).

The latest issues I have been working on are about fonts. We want to improve script support in Tor Browser [1], at least on Windows and Linux. macOS will have to wait because we found an issue with bundled fonts [2], which turned out to be an upstream problem [3], for which I proposed a patch to Mozilla.
Please, let us know if the pages in your language are not rendered or rendered incorrectly in Tor Browser.

Finally, the last week has been hackweek at the Tor Project.
I joined the project to improve support for pluggable transport in Tails.

Thanks,
Pier

[0] Commits ยท tor-browser-91.9.0esr-11.5-2 ยท The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser ยท GitLab
[1] Tor Browser on Windows is lacking fonts to render some kind of scripts. (#30589) ยท Issues ยท The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser ยท GitLab
[2] the bangla font issue on MacOs (#41004) ยท Issues ยท The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser ยท GitLab
[3] 1774413 - Bundled fonts are not picked up on macOS

ยทยทยท

2 Likes