[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, April 2022

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for April 2022.

As anticipated last month, I continued working on the about:torconnect page and on about:preferences#connection.
We have merged the first revision, which you can find on the latest alphas of Tor Browser 11.5! Any feedback is more than welcome :smile:.
But we have not stopped there, and we prepared a second iteration, which is being reviewed [1].

Apart from this, I have worked on Tor Browser for Android for the rest of the month.
We really had a lot of trouble with the rebase to Geckoview/Android Components/Fenix v99. You can read the whole story on tor-browser-build#40446 [2].
It should solve the crash that some users reported to us. We are sorry it took us so long to fix them.
I have also already rebased everything for a v99-base stable of Tor Browser for Android 11.0, and I hope to begin its preparation soon.
However, Firefox 100 is coming soon. Therefore, I worked for a v100-based TBA in April last week [3].
In addition to the updates, my working branch makes the QA-signed build compatible with Android R+ [4].

Thanks,
Pier

[1] Second iteration of about:torconnect and about:preferences#connection (!275) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab
[2] Prepare components for switch to mozilla99-based Fenix (#40446) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build · GitLab
[3] Switch TBA 11.5 alpha to Mozilla-100 (#40478) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build · GitLab
[4] Install fails for nightly testbuild on emulator running Android API v30 (#40202) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / fenix · GitLab

···

1 Like