Here are my updates from November. Continuing my work
with helping users in Iran amidst the heavy censorship, I was able to
respond to a little over 200 user support requests from Iran. We have established
a user feedback loop with the users and constantly monitoring any new developments.
In light of the recent changes to the circumvention map of Connection Assist
for users in China and Hong Kong, I have been working to get
feedback from users in this region. Although I haven't got a ton of user
feedback, the most of the users I have interacted with have confirmed of
better connectivity confirming the surge in users we have seen on
In preparation for the next major Tor Browser stable release (Tor
Browser 12), I did a alpha testers call during the Tor localization hangout and
along with Nina (@nina13) review of all
the internal support documentation we maintain.
Now, a quick overview of our user support channels:
Timeline: 01 - 30 November 2022
tickets created: 899
tickets resolved: 933
Most frequent tickets by numbers:
1. 70 RT Tickets - Private Bridge requests from China
2. 31 RT Tickets - Circumventing Censorship with Tor in Iran.
3. 30 RT Tickets - How to use a Tor Bridge in Russia
4. 5 RT Tickets - Tor Browser for Android 11.5.9 crashing on launch
# Telegram and Signal Support channel (cdr.link)
tickets resolved: 536
The other most frequent ticket we received have been about:
1. 198 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Iran.
2. 157 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Russia
3. 17 tickets - Using unlisted obfs4 bridges in China
# Tor Forum
Most popular topics in the Support category (in terms of no. of views):
1. "Snowflake proxies for Iran"
2. "Cannot visit Reddit through Tor Browser since most recent update?"
3. "Is there a list of blocked websites?"
4. "Cannot Connect Tor Browser"
5. "Big drop in Snowflake traffic"
: Iran: Circumventing Censorship with Tor
: Do obfs4 settings bridges work better in china and hong knog? (#99) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
: Users – Tor Metrics
: Prepare documentation for the Tor Browser 12 release (#40096) · Issues · The Tor Project / Community / Support · GitLab
: Tor Project | Monthly Localization Hangouts
: How to circumvent the Great Firewall and connect to Tor from China? | Tor Project | Support
: Tor blocked in Russia: how to circumvent censorship
: Tor Browser 11.5.9 for Android crashes on launch on Android 12+ after targetSdkVersion update (#41481) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab
: Snowflake proxies for Iran
: Cannot visit Reddit through Tor Browser since most recent update
: Is there a list of blocked websites?
: Cannot Connect TOR Browser
: Big drop in Snowflake traffic
tor-project mailing list