Here are my updates from December. I resolved 1120 tickets via email and
203 tickets on our telegram/signal user support channel. With Tor
Browser 12 release, I, along with @nina13, finished reviewing and
updating all of our internal support documentation, including all
articles and templates we have on our Request Tracker and cdr.link
support channels. I was also involved with some testing before the
release. Post-release we got a few reports about false positives with
anti-virus software on updating to Tor Browser 12 and issue with
rearranging bookmarks in Tor Browser with drag and drop not working.
All of these issues have been resolved with the 12.0.1 Tor Browser
We discovered a issue regarding sending emails from our email
ticketing system (Request Tracker) but a big shout-out to anarcat and
TPA for resolving the issue and also writing a script to resend all
the emails from the affected time span.
Continuing my work supporting users in Iran, I resolved around 180
tickets across our support channels.
Now, a quick overview of our user support channels:
Timeline: 01 - 31 December 2022
tickets created: 936
tickets resolved: 1442
Most frequent tickets by numbers:
1. 45 RT Tickets - Private Bridge requests from China
2. 40 RT Tickets - How to use a Tor Bridge in Russia
3. 12 RT Tickets - Anti-virus false positives with Tor Browser 12
# Telegram and Signal Support channel (cdr.link)
tickets resolved: 751
The most frequent tickets we received have been about:
1. 272 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Russia
2. 173 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Iran
3. 85 tickets: Circumventing censorship in Turkmenistan
4. 16 tickets - Using unlisted obfs4 bridges in China
# Tor Forum
Most popular topics in the Support category (in terms of number of views):
1. "Image load error (HTTP/2 403 Forbidden) on some websites (with Tor
2. "Newbie: snowflake abuse by local government?"
3. "Websites blocking Tor"
4. "Unable to run Tor Browser 12 for Linux after updating"
5. "Problems with mega.nz (post Tor Browser 12 update)"
: Prepare documentation for the Tor Browser 12 release (#40096) · Issues · The Tor Project / Community / Support · GitLab
: Norton 360 Antivirus now considers Tor Browser as a Trojan and removes it from a computer - 1st noticed Dec 9, 2022
: Regression: rearranging bookmarks / place items by drag & drop doesn't work anymore (#41520) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser · GitLab
: Gmail delivery issue on frontdesk@tpo (#41016) · Issues · The Tor Project / TPA / TPA team · GitLab
: Iran: Circumventing Censorship with Tor
: How to circumvent the Great Firewall and connect to Tor from China? | Tor Project | Support
: Tor blocked in Russia: how to circumvent censorship
: Image load error (HTTP/2 403 Forbidden) on some websites
: Newbie: snowflake abuse by local government?
: Websites blocking Tor
: Unable to run Tor-Browser 12 for Linux after updating
: Problems with mega.nz
tor-project mailing list