[tor-project] Cecylia's monthly status report, November 2022

Hi everyone,

This is my status report for contract work done in November 2022.

# Conjure development

I've made some progress on deploying a Tor PT for Conjure[0] in alpha versions of Tor Browser[1], such as:

* allowing client args to passed in as SOCKS args

* helping the client recover and retry if the phantom connection fails due to high station load

* setting up safe log scrubbing at the bridge

* setting up a domain front for client registrations

There's a little more work to do in getting the domain front set up, but the tor browser integration is ready to submit for review. Test builds are available at https://people.torproject.org/~cohosh/conjure-torbrowser/

# Bridge reputation system

This month I started work on integrating a reputation-based bridge distribution system into our ecosystem. The month started with an analysis of the system and integration details of Lox[2], and work on a test integration is underway[3][4][5].

# Snowflake web extension

We've had a lot of volunteer contributions to the web extension this month. I reviewed and merged these requests. I also worked on the following:

* Finished fixing up localization (thanks emmapeel!)

[0] The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / conjure ยท GitLab
[1] Ship Conjure in Alpha versions of Tor Browser ยท Milestones ยท The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / conjure ยท GitLab
[2] Task 4.2 Put components together as a design based on the "Salmon" reputation bridge distribution framework, highlighting the missing and underspecified pieces. (#105) ยท Issues ยท The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team ยท GitLab
[3] Cecylia Bocovich / lox-wasm ยท GitLab
[4] Cecylia Bocovich / lox-distributor ยท GitLab
[5] Cecylia Bocovich / lox-server ยท GitLab

ยทยทยท

1 Like