Here are our meeting logs:
And our meeting pad:
Next meeting: Thursday, February 16 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress)
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly check-in about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at the Tor Project and Tor community.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Roadmap: Development · Boards · Anti-censorship · GitLab
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
* Home · Wiki · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
* Past meeting notes can be found at:
* The tor-project Archives
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors, we are working on:
* All needs review tickets:
* Merge requests · Anti-censorship · GitLab
* Sponsor 28
* must-do tickets: Sponsor 28: Reliable Anonymous Communication Evading Censors and Repressors (RACECAR) · The Tor Project · GitLab
* possible-do tickets: Issues · The Tor Project · GitLab
* Sponsor 96
* Sponsor 96: Rapid Expansion of Access to the Uncensored Internet through Tor in China, Hong Kong, & Tibet · The Tor Project · GitLab
* Sponsor 139 <-- hackerncoder, irl, joydeep, meskio, emmapeel working on it
* Riseup Pad
== Announcements ==
* FOCI workshop is next week (and it's free!): https://foci.community/
* You do need to register ahead of time to get the gather.town invite link
== Discussion ==
* Conjure is in nightly versions of Tor Browser now, an update on how it's going and the roll out plan
* cohosh has done the work to integrate cojure into tor
* client-side library: GitHub - refraction-networking/gotapdance: Cross-platform Golang implementation of TapDance censorship circumvention system client
* station: GitHub - refraction-networking/conjure: Conjure Refraction Networking station code
* the current conjure setup is having some reliability issues, maybe turbotunnel will help here
* As The Internet Freedom Project Expands, Snowflake Becomes Snowstorm
* Raw probe log (with packet capture) from logcollector is available for download
* You need a password to access it
* The link is the 7th field in
* recentResult_iran · main · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Connectivity Measurement / BridgeStatus · GitLab
== Actions ==
* We should make a ticket for pion to cache its stun answers when possible, because right now it surprises us by asking way more stun questions than it actually needs to.
* We might want to be able to spin up our own stun servers, on our own ip/port, for debugging. We should talk to TPA about that goal at some point (not urgent).
* Roger will look more at Let bridge users choose to only reach their first working bridge (#40578) · Issues · The Tor Project / Core / Tor · GitLab ("only contact the first few working bridges on your bridge list") and plan to have a sense of whether it will be an easy hack or a hard one, for next week.
== Interesting links ==
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss "" on
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2023-02-09
- FOCI workshop prep
- wrote more conjure documentation
- Lox tor browser integration work in progress
- Files · lox-integration · Cecylia Bocovich / Tor Browser · GitLab
- Lox tor browser integration
- continue work on conjure client-side recovery
- FOCI workshop!
Needs help with:
- tried Conjure PT in Tor Browser nightly Conjure pluggable transport for Tor ready for pre-alpha testing · Issue #124 · net4people/bbs · GitHub
- fixed a bug in the snowflake bridge installation guide Changes · Snowflake Bridge Installation Guide · Wiki · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
- documented another short-term block of cdn.sstatic.net in Iran Blocking of cdn.sstatic.net by SNI in Iran, 2023-01-16 to 2023-01-24 (#115) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
- migrate goptlib to gitlab migrate away from git.torproject.org (#86) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab (for real)
- deploy circumvention settings removing stun servers (rdsys-admin!12)
- add android links to gettor (rdsys#42)
- review changes on monit config (monit-configuration!5)
- plan bridge scanner (onbasca) deployment in polyanthum
- review telegram distributor fixes after a crash (rdsys!73)
- integrate onbasca into rdsys to test bridge speed (rdsys#150)
- [Merge Request Awaiting] Add SOCKS5 forward proxy support to snowflake (snowflake!64)
- [Discussion & Deployment] Rollout of Distributed Snowflake Support
- [Coding & Deployment] Proposal: Centralized Probe Result Collector (anti-censorship/team#54)
- [Research] HTTPT Planning Add HTTPT as a pluggable transport to Tor Browser (#1) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / HTTPT · GitLab
- Have a download link for raw vantage point packet capture files(Add password protected URL mapping for HTTPS service serving probetelemetry.torproject.org on probetelemetry-01@ for raw probe log download (#41061) · Issues · The Tor Project / TPA / TPA team · GitLab, Chunked upload support in probeobserver (!3) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Connectivity Measurement / probeobserver · GitLab, Chunked upload fix for logcollector client (!4) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Connectivity Measurement / logcollector · GitLab, Show raw probe log download link in the result (!3) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Connectivity Measurement / logcollector-admin · GitLab)
- [Research] WebTunnel planning (Continue)
- Try to find a place to host another vantage point
- Lox wasm bindings for Tor integration
- continuing with bindings for the rest of the Lox protocols
- questions about best way to handle timing for freshness credentials (fresh for x time period or fresh until x time each day)
Itchy Onion: 2023-02-02
- Lunar New Year break
- Continue working on issue #40108 (standalone proxy bind specific IP)
- Review MRs
- Continue working on issue #40108 (standalone proxy bind specific IP). The option to bind a specific IP in pion/wetrtc comes with a required additional option to specicfy the type of candidate. I'm investigating what to choose for our usecase.
- Lunar New Year break
- getting ooni-exporter to work with torsf (snowflake)
- work on monitoring bridges health
- work on "bridgetester"?
- working on creating a dummy WhatsApp bot
- My bot is not yet working as expected s? still trying to figure that out
meskio | https://meskio.net/
My contact info: https://meskio.net/crypto.txt
Nos vamos a Croatan.