Here is our meeting log:
And our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship team meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday, January 12 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress)
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly check-in about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at the Tor Project and Tor community.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Roadmap: Development · Boards · Anti-censorship · GitLab
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
* Home · Wiki · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
* Past meeting notes can be found at:
* The tor-project Archives
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors, we are working on:
* All needs review tickets:
* Merge requests · Anti-censorship · GitLab
* Sponsor 28
* must-do tickets: Sponsor 28: Reliable Anonymous Communication Evading Censors and Repressors (RACECAR) · The Tor Project · GitLab
* possible tickets: Issues · The Tor Project · GitLab
* Sponsor 96
* Sponsor 96: Rapid Expansion of Access to the Uncensored Internet through Tor in China, Hong Kong, & Tibet · The Tor Project · GitLab
== Announcements ==
* No meetings December 29 neither January 5. We'll be AFK Dec 22 - Jan 7
== Discussion ==
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss "" on
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2022-11-24
- wrote a fix to make go fmt CI more verbose (snowflake!122)
- continue work on conjure client
- more work on reputation-based bridge dist
- fixup snowflake!108
Needs help with:
- snowflake CDN bookkeeping Changes · Snowflake costs · Wiki · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
- make obfs4 distinguishability reports public
- migrate goptlib to gitlab migrate away from git.torproject.org (#86) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
- try Conjure PT development version [tor-dev] Introducing a Conjure PT for Tor
- poke outdated bridge operators (obfs4#40008)
- fix onionsproutsbot bug with journald (onionsproutsbot#47)
- Circumvention Settings recommends obfs4 bridges in Russia (rdsys-admin!11)
- Investigate broken descriptors (bridgedb-admin#4)
Next week/after holidays:
- add localization support to rdsys (rdsys#11)
- publish obfs4 deofuscation bugs
- [Merge Request Awaiting] Add SOCKS5 forward proxy support to snowflake (snowflake!64)
- [Discussion & Deployment] Rollout of Distributed Snowflake Support
- [Coding & Deployment] Proposal: Centralized Probe Result Collector (anti-censorship/team#54)
- [Research] HTTPT Planning Add HTTPT as a pluggable transport to Tor Browser (#1) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / HTTPT · GitLab
- [Merge Request] Update to support chunked upload of probe log(Update to support chunked upload of probe log (!2) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Connectivity Measurement / logcollector-admin · GitLab)
- [Merge Request] Add Resumable Upload to Log Collector (Add Resumable Upload to Log Collector (!3) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Connectivity Measurement / logcollector · GitLab)
- [Research] WebTunnel planning (Continue)
Itchy Onion: 2022-12-15
- worked on RACE performance issue
- [Merge Request Done] "Abbreviate `ice` list in bridge lines"
- reviewed some MRs
- Work on the RACE performance issue
- [Merge Request Done] Fix duplicate snowflake server flag
- Work on adding Outbound address option to snwoflake server
- getting ooni-exporter setup on a personal server
- worked on ooni-exporter HackerNCoder / ooniexporter · GitLab
Next week/after holiday:
- figure out what makes ooni-exporter put all reports from a country in either success or failure
- getting ooni-exporter to work with torsf (snowflake)
- work on monitoring bridges health
- working on creating a dummy WhatsApp bot
- My bot is not yet working as expected s still trying to figure that out