Here are our meeting logs:
And our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday June 9nd 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress)
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly check-in about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Roadmap: Development · Boards · Anti-censorship · GitLab
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
* Home · Wiki · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Team · GitLab
* Past meeting notes can be found at:
* The tor-project Archives
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
* All needs review tickets: Merge requests · Anti-censorship · GitLab
* Sponsor 28
* must-do tickets: Sponsor 28: Reliable Anonymous Communication Evading Censors and Repressors (RACECAR) · The Tor Project · GitLab
* possible tickets: Issues · The Tor Project · GitLab
* Sponsor 96
* Sponsor 96: Rapid Expansion of Access to the Uncensored Internet through Tor in China, Hong Kong, & Tibet · The Tor Project · GitLab
== Announcements ==
* anti-censorship irc channel: #tor-anticensorship @ irc.oftc.net
== Discussion ==
Endless loop on the latest snowflake:
Tor NOTICE: Managed proxy "TorBrowser\Tor\PluggableTransports\snowflake-client.exe": broker failure timed out waiting for answer!
Tor NOTICE: Managed proxy "TorBrowser\Tor\PluggableTransports\snowflake-client.exe": connection failed timeout waiting for DataChannel.OnOpen
* Implement metrics to measure snowflake churn (Implement metrics to measure snowflake churn (#34075) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab) is now under review. Comments are welcome (Support Distinct IP Counting (!95) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab)
* count disctinct proxy ips, to see how fast they change
* enforce 2FA in gitlab
* all accounts with group commit access have 2FA in gitlab already
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss "Even Censors Have a Backup: Examining China's Double HTTPS Censorship Middleboxes" on June 23
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2022-06-02
- updated gitlab CI to include go v1.18 (snowflake#40144)
- Remove redundant NAT check at standalone proxy startup (snowflake#40146)
- resolved snowflake#40145
- continued work on conjure PT
- continue snowflake maintenance tasks
Needs help with:
- set up access to snowflake-02 bridge site for shelikhoo Set up a second snowflake bridge site (#40122) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab
- posted about other DTLS fingerprints that are being filtered in Russia IRC Tip about Signature used to block Snowflake in Russia, 2022-May-16 (#40030) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / censorship-analysis · GitLab
- look at STATUS VERSION proposal Add STATUS VERSION message for PT protcol (!63) · Merge requests · The Tor Project / Core / Tor Specifications · GitLab
- use systemd to run bridgedb (team#72)
- update debian package for snowflake (snowflake#40143)
- don't use entropy in snowflake tests (snowflake!96)
- contact cymru about their builtin bridges, as they have an old version of obfs4proxy
- start working on gettor (rdsys#105)
- [Merge Request] Add Distributed Snowflake Server Support (snowflake!87)
- [Merge Request] Implement metrics to measure snowflake churn (Implement metrics to measure snowflake churn (#34075) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab) (snowflake!95)
- [Merge Request Awaiting] Add SOCKS5 forward proxy support to snowflake (snowflake!64)
- [Discussion & Deployment] Migrating Controlling git repo to Tor Gitlab Instance (shelikhoo/LogCollectorAncillary#5) <- awaiting/blocked
- [Coding] Distributed Snowflake Bridges (continue)
- [Coding & Deployment] Proposal: Centralized Probe Result Collector (anti-censorship/team#54)
- [Research & Coding] WebSocket + CDN Based Probe Control Connection Forwarder (shelikhoo/LogCollectorAncillary#3)
- [Merge Request] Implement metrics to measure snowflake churn (Implement metrics to measure snowflake churn (#34075) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab)
- [Research & Discussion] HTTPT & V2Ray related
Itchy Onion: 2022-06-02
- work on s28 issue 81 (race conditions in broker)
- continue working on snowflake !93 (add tests)
- ongoing debugging with s28 (there are other issues, not sure if related to issue 81 yet)
- working on issue 40117 (display NAT log type to stderr in nonverbose mode)