Here are our meeting logs:
and the meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday November 4th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress)
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
- change in proxy NAT types
we had an issue with the slow recovery of "unrestricted" proxy NATs
- Confused about the meek client metrics in Turkmenistan
snowflake seems to be blocked
we have prioritized an easier way to get snowflake connection info: Snowflake should self-diagnose where it fails in the connection process, and inform Tor (#40062) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab
== Actions ==
please fill out the monthly report for september + october
== Interesting links ==
== Reading group ==
We will discuss "Measuring QQMail's automated email censorship in China" on 2021-11-11
Questions to ask and goals to have:
What aspects of the paper are questionable?
Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2021-11-04
- some reviews
- updates to changelog
- NSF grant planning
- wrapping up snowflake for v2 release (snowflake#40063)
- worked on snowflake + shadow performance work
- onboarding preparation tasks
- helped debug snowflake domain name resolution (snowflake#40057)
- created snowflake#40076 for client network event callbacks
- monitored snowflake broker prometheus metrics
- automate blocking detection for rotating IP bridges (censorship-analysis#40020)
- more snowflake performance work (snowflake#40026)
Needs help with:
- Migrate to v3 of the webextension manifest
- Maybe get back to snowflake-webext #10
- Write up the pitch for our use case for supporting creating PeerConnections in background service workers Create RTCPeerConnections in workers · Issue #77 · w3c/webrtc-extensions · GitHub
- made issues for probetest failures Increase of "unknown" NAT assignments by probetest since 2021-10-25 (#40071) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab Make a prometheus alert for abnormal NAT assignments from probetest (#40072) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab
- looked up issues possibly related to bridge bootstrap failures Good bridge + bad bridge = no bootstrap (#40396) · Issues · The Tor Project / Core / Tor · GitLab
- will miss 2021-11-11 meeting
-Adjust BridgeDB Patch to Gitlab
-Start with rdsys issue#40 (twitter gettor distributor)
-@meskio: Is it ok for you if I work on the twitter gettor distributor?
- Submitted MR for bridgestrap issue #14
- Finish bridgestrap #14
- Find new issue to work on
- Worked on uTLS for broker negotiation (#40054) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab re: utls for broker negotiation
- Had conversation with someone about upstream utls http round tripper feat: sketch out utls http.RoundTripper by bassosimone · Pull Request #74 · refraction-networking/utls · GitHub
- Too busy with work
- _Really_ want to get a PR for utls round tripper
- Make prometheus alerts for snowflake (snowflake#40072)
- starting to have an implementation of bridgedb bridge using rdsys (bridgedb#40031)
- copy snowflake technical overview into our wiki
- make bridgedb a rdsys distributor (bridgedb#40031)
- improve bridgestrap manage of the cache (bridgestrap#27)
tor-project mailing list