Snowflake proxy standalone

Hello, I am trying to standup a standalone Snowflake proxy server to help people circumvent censorship but when following instructions from Tor Project | Standalone Snowflake proxy
After running command “go build” I get the following error:

main.go:13:2: cannot find package "git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/common/event" in any of:
        /usr/lib/go-1.10/src/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/common/event (from $GOROOT)
        /root/go/src/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/common/event (from $GOPATH)
main.go:14:2: cannot find package "git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/common/safelog" in any of:
        /usr/lib/go-1.10/src/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/common/safelog (from $GOROOT)
        /root/go/src/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/common/safelog (from $GOPATH)
main.go:15:2: cannot find package "git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/proxy/lib" in any of:
        /usr/lib/go-1.10/src/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/proxy/lib (from $GOROOT)
        /root/go/src/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git/v2/proxy/lib (from $GOPATH)

I couldn’t find many documents regarding this installation and the above error.
Could you please help?
Thanks

Update: I retried the same installation on Ubuntu version 22 which resolved the issue but now I don’t know how to run Snowflake where it says “Run the Snowflake proxy” in the instructions. Also is there any Post-install documents I can follow and make sure server is running, active, its fingerprint and to see connections and bandwidth usage?

Just run the proxy binary in nohup or a screen session, like:

screen -S Snowflake
cd ~/snowflake/proxy
./proxy

Ctrl-A+D

To re-attach the session type: screen -r Snowflake, when it starts it will print some info and by default after an hour will produce some stats, for example:

2023/07/31 14:40:25 Proxy starting
2023/07/31 14:40:51 NAT type: restricted
2023/07/31 15:40:25 In the last 1h0m0s, there were 9 connections. Traffic Relayed ↓ 66920 KB, ↑ 5032 KB.
<etc.>