Running a bridge on a raspberry pi 4

Tor will do that, but users will need to ‘discover’ your bridge’s IP address again, i.e., go over the process of requesting a new bridge (by email, Moat or https). On the other hand, Snowflake will discover your proxy new IP and automatically share with them.

Yes, but the time frame of rotating static IP addresses would be days/weeks/months and not hours.

1 Like

Yes pretty much all ISP will provide a dynamic IP unless a static one is requested.
I have 2 domestic connections but requested static IP’s from ISP.
They just charge a few extra $$ for this.

1 Like

Unfortunately its not simply a little upgrade to buy on top for me. A rented server would be less expensive for me. (If i find something cheap I will do that)
Ill monitor how often my address changes for now.

Cant users refer to a constant identity instead ?
Anyways, Ill gladly run a snowflake then.
What about sparing it as a middle relay ? Is a static ip just as critical here ?

Ouch! I’ve got a mate that has been using https://www.hetzner.com/ for years and swears by them for price, speeds and tech support.

1 Like

Yes I would appreciate if you could share this with me !

1. Nov. 2021, 16:33 von torproject1@discoursemail.com:
···

|
Cefiro

November 26

|

• | - |

I have a bridge installed on a Raspberry Pi 3B + with the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS Lite (32 bits), based on Debian 11 Bullseye, and it works very well. Tor versión is 0.4.5.10. My IP is dynamic, but it doesn’t change frequently; it can go several days without changing (even up to two weeks).

If you need it, I can show you step by step the procedure that I have used to configure my bridge. It’s simple.

Greetings.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

So ive been logging my public ip for several day now and its always the same, the internet provider forces a reconnect every night at the same time, its called a forced disconnect for technical reasons each 24 hours.
Its in their faq stated that you cannot avoid this: statement in german
You can change the time for the reconnect but not that it will happen once a day. From what I learned its a common thing in germany.
And this would always assign a new ip.
Alright this leaves me with the snowflake and the rented server option.

edit: although the docs say: Your IPv4 address should remain unchanged for at least 3 hours, so 24 isnt that bad right

The bridge is reachable and obfs4: functional. Should I schedule a restart task for tor right after the forced ip reset or is it best to just keep it running ?
Is it harmful to run a snowflake additionally on the same device ?