Problem with tor, torsocks and torify

Hello dears, i’m new here and i don’t know if i wrong the correct category for this topic.
I’m trying to understand how tor, torsocks and torify works because i need to understand how use it for a study work.
I have downloaded tor on my computer with linux and i activated tor service and it result Active: active (exited)

My /etc/tor/torsocks.conf file report this data
TorAddress 127.0.0.1
TorPort 9050
and i think that everything is ok…

…but the problem is that when i try to torify something, like my Firefox browser, it goes in loop and doesn’t do nothing without error or something else…

What can i do for solve this situation? I just find this solution on google but it doesn’t help me because i tried to go to 127.0.0.1:9050 and i find

It appears you have configured your web browser to use this Tor port as an HTTP proxy.

probably most browsers will not work with torsocks - you have to configure them differently to use Tor:
Firefox → Network Settings
chromium-based via command-line [e.g. chromium --proxy-server="socks5://127.0.0.1:9050"]
you maybe should consider using the Tor Browser instead…

for other applications take this one as a hint:

2 Likes

i didn’t solve my problem with your solution but i signed it as solution because you sent a really good guide that i can follow for solve my problems