Post approval conditions

Sorry if this has been an answered question, but why do each of “my” posts need to be approved by a moderator? Some kind of account reputation level? I am clearly not a spammer. :slight_smile:

Thank you

2 Likes

There is already consideration about this topic:

2 Likes

From the latest comment in the Gitlab issue it seems that posts by the “members” class will get auto-approved. I’m apparently in that class but a mod still needs to approve all my posts. I became a member in February, apparently before this new rule came into effect. Maybe it’s a bug?

@purplish, yes, it’s an issue for existing accounts and staged accounts (the ones created by the mailing list mirror). The ticket is not resolved yet and we are looking into this.

3 Likes

From Evaluate the Discourse trust level to remove trusted contributors from the moderation queue (2022 Q1) (#40060) · Issues · The Tor Project / Community / Support · GitLab

Update: Users at Trust Level 2 (Member) or higher are not subject to the moderation queue anymore.

Obviously I’m not at that level yet, all posts are moderated.

If you take a look at your own user profile, you will notice that your current trust level is basic user.

1 Like

The need for approval before delivering a message is called moderation This avoids the anarchy of all good forums around the world. :wink: Exchange Online
require approval of messages that meet criteria a message waiting for approval is temporarily stored in mailbox system called auss mailbox arbitrage
= Approve
= Reject or Delete

Not doubting the need for moderation just some of the strict conditions when I clearly demonstrated this account is not spammer :slight_smile:

Thank you.

1 Like