The Tor Project and Tor community is going to be gathering online from June 27th to July 1st this year for a 5 days hackweek.
This is a call for projects for whoever wants to participate, put together a team and hack through that last week of June with us. In the context of this hackweek, a project is anything related to Tor that you can work with other people in 5 days. It could be a coding project or something to analyze data but it could also be a cartoon or anything that do not necesary requires coding skills. You will work on this project during 5 days with other people in your team. At the end we are going to have a demo in a Big Blue Button’s room where your team will present the work you did through the week.
This will be the timeline for the hackweek:
Send hackweek project proposals to this portal: https://hackweek.onionize.space/hackweek/. Before hackweek begins, start looking for other people to join your team. People will also have the opportunity to join your team on Monday when the hackweek begins.
Monday, June 27th: Hackweek begins. The liaisons for each project will present their projects in a BBB room. By this time, you should have a few members of your team already identified.
Friday, July 1st: Hackweek ends. Each team presents the work at 16UTC in the same BBB room.
List of projects proposed:
- Creating a social media post bank for Tor
- Modularization of reproducible builds system
- Tangible Internet freedom
- Comics that draw analogies on Tor
- Improve support for Pluggable Transports in Tails
- Hack on Gosling! #rust #onion_services #network_protocols #testing
- Rust: adhoc derive macro facility, for easily autogenerating code from struct definitions
- Onion Service address discovery using Sauteed Onions
- Gitlab: hack at it
- Tor-Split-Tunneling for Bitmask
Each project has a pad with all the information about it as well as how to join.
Update on June 27th: Adding link to where the presentation of projects will be and the list of projects right before the hackweek starts.