Obfs4 or snowflake bridge or both

I started running obfs4 bridge recently and I have several questions I couldn’t find clear answers to; please be so kind and help me understand relay/bridge configuration:

Is there a benefit of also running a snowflake bridge on the same IP? If not which kind is more preferable?

Can snowflake bridge be run with -disable-tls and be useful? I already have a wildcard certificate but snowflake insists on obtaining its own :frowning:

Do snowflake proxies forward other peoples’ traffic to snowflake bridges/servers?

Why is it advised against running obfs4 bridge and snowflake proxy on same IP?

I initially ran a relay; I then read that bridges are in greater need so I set one up. At first on a server behind a firewall but I had IPv6 connectivity issues so I separated my Tor HS/DNS/SOCKS instance from the bridge and now run the bridge directly from a fairly powerful router while my HS/DNS/SOCKS are on a separate machine with “ClientOnly 1” turned on :wink:

I can’t use ports 80/443 so I setup OR and OBFS4 ports on other “popular” ports. I see traffic from Russia, Iran, and few other places lacking the 1st Amendment :frowning:

Thanks!
Martin

By Snowflake bridge you mean a server, not a proxy? If it’s the server, then no, currently there’s practically no benefit because no one would know about your server and want to connect to it, plus creating more Snowflake servers (as opposed to proxies) doesn’t make the network more censorship-resistant, at most it would just offload the current servers. See this issue about distributed servers.

If we don’t consider what’s said above, then yes, but only if the proxies also allow connecting to non-tls servers.

Yes. See the diagram.

In broad terms, for better resistance against getting blocked, but I don’t have a concrete explanation.

If one of them gets your IP address blocked by a censor somewhere, then the other one will end up blocked too.