New Release: Tor Browser 11.0

Using English version of TBB has less problem, if you don’t surf websites in other language.

It looks like you’re experiencing this issue @Nate: Bug 40690. Does enabling “Always use private browsing mode” within general settings temporarily fix the UI?

Thanks for reporting @kekeno! Is this the issue you’re experiencing: Bug #40703? If so it’s a known issue, and you can follow our progress in that ticket.

post 1/2

These are the what i mean’t by the problems with ublock with v11.0

post 2/2

Thanks @hajj3, I’ve added those screenshots to the bug report :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am on lubuntu18.04 x64. Tor browser 11.0 x64
I enter proxy settings and then exit Tor Browser. Start it again and proxy settings are gone.
So proxy settings are not saved, this is a bug.
Seems like they are lost when I close Settings tab.

I tried to set the Primary/Masterpassword but that did not work.
I ticket first the <> Ask to save logins and passwords for websites
Than clicked the primarypassword option.
the popup came up and showed no current pw, that is OK
I filled a pw, refilled same pw to confirm and clicked OK
an error message comes up: Unable to change Primary pw

Thanks for the bug report @ard! While the password manager is not officially supported in Tor Browser, I’ve opened this ticket to look into the issue further: Bug #40712

Hi @minacohen, do you have a Proxy Type selected in the dropdown menu?

on github matthew finkel wrote:

"One way of partially verifying this is the same bug as tor-browser-build#40383 (closed) is by:

• Launch Tor Browser
  • Open about:addons or Addons and Themes from the hamburger menu
  • Disable only HTTPS Everywhere
  • Completely quit Tor Browser
  • Launch Tor Browser again
  • If the extensions are not broken anymore, then this bug is the same as tor-browser-build#40383 (closed) ( HTTPS Everywhere should still be disabled)"

I tried doing this but it didn’t help. I tried disabling and re-enabling ublock afterwards too and it didn’t help either.

Thanks for trying @hajj3! I’ve referred to your unsuccessful test in the ticket.

Haas anyone else had this? Tor Browser 11.0 for MacOS. Spacing at the top of the window is off. The address bar is too tall, so it overlaps the tabs…

Yes, this bug comes from turning off “Always use private browsing mode”, it is bug 40690

1 Like

Duncan, yes, you are right, I forgot it. Now it works as expected.
However, seems like in previous versions it was more foolproof.

No worries @minacohen! I’ve just tested 10.5 and noticed that you can’t actually add an address until you’ve first selected a Proxy Type, whereas with Tor Browser 11 you can. I’ll have a think about how we can improve the UX of that section in general – whether that’s restoring the original behavior, or something new.

Yes, but turning that on causes me to lose access to my passwords.

I just tried installing v11.0.1, i can confirm that it does not fix the ublock origin bug (#40698). Hopefully it won’t take you too long to fix it.

1 Like

Thanks @hajj3, I’ve let the devs know.

The theme looks cool, what’s the name?