New Release: Tor Browser 11.0.6 (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android)

by richard | February 9, 2022

Tor Browser 11.0.6 is now available from the Tor Browser download page and also from our distribution directory.

This version includes important security updates to Firefox.

Tor Browser 11.0.6 updates Firefox on Windows, macOS, and Linux to 91.6.0esr.

We use the opportunity as well to update various other components of Tor Browser: NoScript to 11.2.16. We also switch to the latest Go version (1.16.13) for building our Go-related projects.

The full changelog since Tor Browser 11.0.4 is:

• Windows, macOS, & Linux
    • Update Firefox to 91.6.0esr
    • Update NoScript to 11.2.16
    • Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.33
    • Bug tor-browser#40795: Revert Deutsche Welle v2 redirect
    • Bug tor-browser#40679: Missing features on first-time launch in esr91
    • Added extensions.torlauncher.launch_delay debug pref to simulate slow tor daemon launch
  • Build System

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1106/
3 Likes

Glad to report all is running well on this release, all previous issues are seemingly fixed.

2 Likes

One issue on Linux so far:

Downloads in this version of Tor for Android are not working

Works fine for me

@mcl, we are tracking this bug, here: TBA: users are reporting that can't download files (#40192) · Issues · The Tor Project / Applications / fenix · GitLab

How come it works for me? Does it differ dependant upon what version of Android used?

@Killroy, in my tests I have run into this bug intermittently (and especially with .jpeg files).

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can we expect a stable Tor Browser release soon? ESR 91.6.1 appears to fix some critical security issues