New Release: Tor Browser 11.0.3

by boklm | December 20, 2021

Tor Browser 11.0.3 is now available from the Tor Browser download page and also from our distribution directory

This release updates Firefox to 91.4.1esr and picks up a number of bug fixes. In particular, this release should fix various extension related and crash issues Windows users were experiencing. Additionally, Linux users especially on Ubuntu and Fedora systems were reporting fonts not properly rendering, which should be solved by this release.

We used the opportunity to upgrade various components to their respective latest versions as well: Tor to 0.4.6.9, OpenSSL to 1.1.1m, and snowflake for enhanced censorship resistance.

Full changelog

The full changelog since Tor Browser 11.0.2 is:

Note: tor-browser#40698 and tor-browser#40721 were occuring due to the same underlying issue in Firefox. Mozilla has opted to make the ticket private, and we've followed suit on our end too.

Known issues

Tor Browser 11.0.3 comes with a number of known issues (please check the following list before submitting a new bug report):

4 Likes

We temporarily disabled the update for macOS users due to tor-browser#40754, until we can fix the issue.

1 Like

Hi there!
So 11.03 is newer than alpha 11.5a1? Should I update or wait?
Thanks

Yes and yes. :slight_smile: (note: updates for macOS are currently disabled).

Thanks! There’s no automatic update from older alpha to newer stable so I need to download an instalaller and do it manually, I guess?

Yes, alpha only gets updated to newer alpha releases

Hi @paero123, as @HackerNCoder has noted Alphas will only update to a newer Alpha when it becomes available.

Tor Browser Alpha is a separate release channel meant only to find bugs and test new features. To return to the stable release channel for everyday browsing, you should re-download Tor Browser for desktop from the download page and replace the Alpha you’re currently running with it.

3 Likes

Yes, I thought so.
Frankly speaking I just used alpha because of that stable version’s issue with uBlock and other addons switch off.

1 Like

The 11.0.2 thread closed yesterday but i wanted to say thanks to @donuts for getting out the updates I had given up and switched to nother browser but it looks good so far running well.

2 Likes

Update: Bug 40754 is now resolved and update to Tor Browser 11.0.3 for macOS users should work.

3 Likes

Thanks for fixing the addons and tabs crashing issues.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Why only tor-win32 binary is listed on the Download page?

Now that Tor Browser 11.0.4 for desktop is rolling out, I’m closing this thread. Please feel free to add your feedback to the new thread instead. Thanks everyone!