my tor browser blocked

Hi everyone,
I’ve been using Tor Browser for more than a year now and everything was good until this morning.
I opened the Tor browser as usual but i got an Apple system message back, saying:

** You can’t use this version of the application “Tor Browser” with this version of OS X. You have OS X 10.9.5. The application requires OS X 10.12 or later**

Now, as stated above - I’m on OS X 10.9.5 and I’ve been stuck on it for the past few years, since Apple wont upgrade my Macbook Air anymore.

As far as i know, nothing was changed in my PC overnight, and I have been very careful about NOT downloading any update before checking compatibility, since I KNOW that can be an issue.

Unfortunately i don’t remember what Tor Browser version and Tor Browser Security Level i was on. I know i had been getting the message to update the browser for quite a while though, but i dismissed it.

I’ve always used Tor just for the sake of knowing I might be making my browsing more anonymous, though the sites i visit are anything but sensitive in terms of content, mostly boring news, albeit counter-trended.
Can anyone suggest what the trouble could be about? Could it be some paranoid surveillance or some paranoid me?

I’m not sure where to find a Tor log, but with anyone suggestion, i’d be willing to post it here

Thank you all for any help

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 10.22.29 PM
Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 10.22.39 PM

Check this topic: Version of Tor Browser compatible with macOS 10.11 - #6 by championquizzer

2 Likes