Mozilla corp, Canonical UK corp, and JS or other "co(r)p" controls

My question is about corporate control of the browser or identifying the exact means of interfering with firefox based browsers. The issue effects standard Firefox, ESR, and Tor Browser.

There is some way that Mozilla software is interfered with for a lifespan duration (indefinite with not due process), on all devices and OS, and in every state in the US. Add-ons can be turned off at the attackers will. Passwords can be altered. Elements can be blocked (if a text only browser like a networked editor is torsocked, these text elements are not blocked but are still blocked in Tor Browser with “Safest” blocking JS). Also, Tor Browser cannot be downloaded on Ubuntu, only packages unpacked. I can elaborate on each of these interference points. Long and the short of it is, some entity has a way of blocking Tor Browser. If the Tor Project is responsible for this, how are they identifying me and turning off functions across multiple devices=, OS, and region ISP?

Which attack exactly? Any link to the vulnerability you’re mentioning about? If any such vulnerabilities are found these are patched downstream (Tor Browser) at all times.

Users have to unpack the ‘tar.xz’ (archive) file. Tor Browser tries it’s best to isolate itself from the system for valid fingerprinting reasons, it still has some system dependencies.

Tor Browser doesn’t collect any telemetry like this. The best I could think of is, Tor Browser not working on older versions of operating system but it’s not about telemetry rather incompatibility with either Firefox ESR and/or latest versions of tor.

If you’re talking about certain websites blocking Tor traffic, it’s a whole different topic in itself.

I’m talking about universal, lifetime targeted blocks: all networks, all devices, all OS, all jurisdiction, and all indefinitely (decades and beyond). Ubuntu in particular, though. Who knows why? I can speculate that it has something to do with the UK. To be specific, Ubuntu software on any device I use–unconnected to corporate targeting means–has for years blocked tor browser in its software service gui. Then if I get it, it won’t allow downloading the signatures. I can unpack and verify a tar just fine but there appear to be flaws. Corruptions with updates. I think I have to always use live OS like TENS. Somehow any R/W system I use is targeted so that the tor traffic can be interfered with and I think that has to do with proprietary JS. But if I block all JS with no script, there is still a way of interfering with text only and, besides, practically nothing on the internet works without JS.

You’re right. It’s not telemetry. It’s something deeper like processor serial/frequency or specific hardware probing but most people don’t think that level of microcode fingerprinting or whatever it is is even possible. I know it is. It has been happening to me all the time for years.

···

Sent with Tutanota, enjoy secure & ad-free emails.

Feb 27, 2023, 15:00 by notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com:

|
championquizzer Moderator

February 27

|

• | - |

Strongerandstronger:

There is some way that Mozilla software is interfered with for a lifespan duration (indefinite with not due process), on all devices and OS, and in every state in the US. Add-ons can be turned off at the attackers will. Passwords can be altered.

Which attack exactly? Any link to the vulnerability you’re mentioning about? If any such vulnerabilities are found these are patched downstream (Tor Browser) at all times.

Strongerandstronger:

Also, Tor Browser cannot be downloaded on Ubuntu, only packages unpacked.

Users have to unpack the ‘tar.xz’ (archive) file. Tor Browser tries it’s best to isolate itself from the system for valid fingerprinting reasons, it still has some system dependencies.

Strongerandstronger:

Long and the short of it is, some entity has a way of blocking Tor Browser. If the Tor Project is responsible for this, how are they identifying me and turning off functions across multiple devices=, OS, and region ISP?

Tor Browser doesn’t collect any telemetry like this. The best I could think of is, Tor Browser not working on older versions of operating system but it’s not about telemetry rather incompatibility with either Firefox ESR and/or latest versions of tor.

If you’re talking about certain websites blocking Tor traffic, it’s a whole different topic in itself.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.