Is a 4-hop VPN better than Tor (or Tails)?

Hi folks,
I see that Perfect Privacy VPN offers a cascade of up to 4 hops on their VPN service, Restoreprivacy.com reported that the Dutch cops seized one of their servers, but could not find any user data - because they truly did not keep logs.
My question is: would a 4-hop VPN be better than Tor (or Tails)? Given that some bad actors have bought or acquired Tor nodes, I hope that this is a reasonable question. Thank you.

1 Like

VPN still need a real IP to connect on it while tor dont necessary need or use that way. Need remember VPN server have you private key in oder let you access it.

2 Likes

Thank you, red0bear.

Entry node has your real IP

2 Likes

Yes, a proven no log VPN with 4 separate hops would be safer than tor since the servers are private and the network is too, police need warrants to remove machines for analysis but they don’t need warrants to mess with tor. The only two drawbacks would be that the network is smaller so timed correlation attacks would be easier and you would be tied to the subscription through payment, unless you use monero or physical money I guess

1 Like

not exact, entry node from tor depends of config of those ones who have cryptography stuff done make your request shadow by those paths using node; now vpn you have provide a secure channel using a another machine who knows yours ip what are you using while connected.

3 Likes

The 4 hop VPN system is not much different, only the first hop has real IP and it can’t see the designated address for hop 3 and 4 and hop 4 and 3 can’t tell where hop 2 came from. Its a tried and proven system much like tor but just with slightly lesser risk, that is why you always see people asking how to use the browser without tor network. The browser hides lots of identifiable details but the network provides the weakest link

1 Like

Thank you, Red0bear. If I understand you correctly, are you saying to use a VPN, then Tor?

No understand. Could explain shadow?

1 Like

Thank you, Salvo.

1 Like

i think you just try sell your product on group is not aimed for that.