How to exclude specific guard nodes

Hi there. Is there a way to exclude specific IP addresses from being selected by Tor Browser as guard node for Tor circuit? Some node IP address had been reported as malicious hosts to IPS database of my local network(although they may not be actually malicious). So every time when my Tor Browser tries to make connection to these nodes will always fail and also raises alert to network managers.
I do have a small list of these address so I’m thinking about adding these address into torrc config file so they can be excluded from been chosen as my circuit guard node, but cannot find any tutorial about how to do this. Anyone has any idea about this issue?

look for a tor manpage. e.g. man tor (1): The second-generation onion router

torrc example
# This file was generated by Tor; if you edit it, comments will not be preserved
# The old torrc file was renamed to torrc.orig.1, and Tor will ignore it

ClientOnionAuthDir /PATH/to/.../onion-auth
DataDirectory /PATH/to/.../Tor
EntryNodes nickname1,nickname2,nickname3
ExcludeExitNodes nickname4,nickname5,nickname6,{??}
ExcludeNodes {us},nickname7,{??}
GeoIPFile /PATH/to/.../geoip
GeoIPv6File /PATH/to/.../geoip6

A list of identity fingerprints, country codes, and address patterns of nodes to avoid when building a circuit.
Example: ExcludeNodes ABCD1234CDEF5678ABCD1234CDEF5678ABCD1234,{cc}, 255.254.0.0/8
nicknames too! separated by comma, no spaces!

you can exclude IPs in your OS. e.g. /etc/hosts if you are using Linux.
Windows offers something similar.

once blocked an IP is blocked. i would create a script listening while running TBB but
maybe sombody else has a better/easier idea.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.