How is it possible that when I’m using English version of Tor, I see the language of my residence country on some pages?

How is it possible that when I’m using English version of TOR, I see the language of my residence country on some pages??
At lame.buanzo.org there’s Google Translate embedded with text “Choose language” in that language.
At looperman.com there’s ads in that language.

Are you using Tor Browser for Android? If yes, please refer to: Accept-Launguage in user agent leaks device localization information

No, I have desktop.
It seems that this was just coincidence after all, I’m just not used to seeing ads because of adblock, but the most recent update stopped it from working.
Apparently for some of the extra add-ons to work you should turn them off, close Tor temporarily and switch the add-ons on again, and this procedure should be repeated in the beginning of every session.

It’s also possible that for both of those sites, the exit relay of the Tor circuits happened to be located in your country. This means sites might display things in your language, but your actual IP address is still hidden.
If you want to make sure that Tor Browser is properly hiding your IP address, visit https://check.torproject.org/

6 Likes