Gah. Your tab just crashed

Hello

I already sent this message to frontdesk@torproject.org but I don’t know if there is someone. So I post also here :

I meet unstoppable disconnections when using tor browser. That happens on sites where you need to connect with your account (mails, …).

“Gah. Your tab just crashed.”
I can provide a picture.

Thank you for your help.

I use windows, the last version of tor browser. Standard configuration (as installed).

Thomas

Hi @ttttt! It sounds like you’re experiencing the Windows tab crashing issue – which should have been fixed as of version 11.0.3.

Could you confirm which version of Tor Browser for Windows that you’re using please?

Hello,

I don’t know how to see the number of the version I use.

But I always download the last version when tor detects one and proposes me (when I open tor browser), si the last number available.

Thomas

Type about:tor in the url bar and you should be greeted by our homepage (Year-end campaign banner reading, in bold, ‘Privacy is a human right’). You can see the version of Tor Browser you’re using on the top right just above ‘View changelog’.

Alternatively, you can navigate to the hamburger menu, then to ‘Help’ and click on ‘About Tor Browser’ for the same.

1 Like

11.0.3 (based on Mozilla Firefox 91.4.1esr) (64-bit)

Thanks for the confirmation @ttttt! Could you try logging into your email again please (or visit any other page that reliably resulted in a crash before), and let us know if the issue persists?

I don’t meet the problem since the last update, but it was random (only some days were failing, but when it was failing impossible to use before a long time). If I meet the problem again, I will say it here. Thank you

Oh, great to hear! Sounds like it was indeed the Windows tab crashing issue you ran into. This got patched in version 11.0.3, so you should be good to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, sorry for the delay of answer. Indeed, I did not meet the problem again, thank you very much !

2 Likes