Frequent error messages loading webpages

Since using Tor Browser version 11 I’ve noticed that when I load a webpage it happens much more frequently than before that I get a message such as “An error occurred during a connection to www.torproject.org.” or “The server at www.torproject.org is taking too long to respond.” This happens with many different domains. If I reload the page then it will work normally.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I don’t know if this is a problem with the health of the internet more generally, an issue with the tor network, an issue with my local network, or due to some change in the tor software. However, I often see these error messages displayed a lot quicker than I would expect due to a connection timeout.

I still frequently see error messages such as “The server at www.torproject.org is taking too long to respond.”

However I have now also started receiving frequent XSS warnings from NoScript, such as “NoScript detected a potential Cross-Site Scripting attack from […] to https://www.torproject.org. Suspicious data: Error: Timeout! DOS attack attempt?”

This doesn’t seem normal to me.