Current "Mark as solution" forum behavior is suboptimal

Hi,

Example case:
I wanted to reply in Tor Browser 12.0 does not respect `user.js`/default settings on first start and decided to first mark answer given by @donuts as solution.

This surprisingly locked the whole post, and didn’t give me any option to further interact with/correct/update it nor to reject “Mark as solution”. Pressing on reply then caused:

An error occurred: Something has gone wrong. Perhaps this topic was closed or deleted while you were looking at it?

@donuts mind unchecking the post as solution, so I can give an answer? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

It may be ok to close topic when solution is found, but after days, not hours.

2 Likes

The post is immediately locked, after clicking on “Solution”.

Yes… but no, it’s locked 12 hours after the last reply. Which seems to mean that if you click solution 12 hours after it was sent it immediately locks.

1 Like

Ah right, thanks!
Does this have to do anything with the fact, that I am a new registered user, or does it apply to all users?

In my opinion, this interval should be raised to maybe some days.

I don’t think it has anything with you being a new user. But I don’t have anything to test it on.

@ChrisK, as @HackerNCoder mentioned, it has nothing to do with you being a new user, it’s just how this feature (i.e. Mark as Solution) works in Discourse right now. Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look into this. In the meantime, I have reopened the concerned discussion thread.

3 Likes

I’m a new user who posted about Norton 360 treating Tor as a Trojan Horse; and even though I just posted that Norton has resolved the issue… I as a new user does not have an option to hit any button saying that there is or has been a “solution.”