Connect to network button after upgrade

Installed new update.
Prev upd - connect button 100% always available.
Now - no.

It is not comfortable and it is not writing now - why there is no connection
Also, it is appearing and dissapearing on uknown and not comofrtable algorythm.
By this update connection is hardened.

Hi! Seems like you’re running into this issue: tor-browser#40679. A fix for this should be available in the next Tor Browser release but until then, as a workaround, you can try closing and relaunching the application a few times until the “Connect” buttons are present.

k

···

26.01.2022, 17:26, “Joydeep Sen Gupta via Tor Project Forum” torproject1@discoursemail.com:

| championquizzer Volunteer Moderator
January 26 |

• | - |

Hi! Seems like you’re running into this issue: tor-browser#40679. A fix for this should be available in the next Tor Browser release but until then, as a workaround, you can try closing and relaunching the application a few times until the “Connect” buttons are present.

Для ответа посетите эту тему или ответьте на это письмо.

Нажмите сюда, чтобы отписаться от таких писем.

@muRmot, I just noticed that you might be affected by the Tor censorship in Russia (which is not related to that bug I mentioned). If that’s the case please refer to this article: Tor blocked in Russia: how to circumvent censorship

1 Like

Me from Belarus.

Hello, some ISPs in Belarus (for example, AS42772, AS6697 - beltelecom.by) are also blocking direct connections to Tor and the built-in obfs4 bridges.
You will need to use Snowflake, meek-azure, or get a bridge using our telegram bot (@GetBridgesBot).

1 Like

Me just talking about the “Connect” button whis dissappeared in the new patch.

My workaround for this issue is to kill tor.exe from Task Manager. Tor Browser will immediately popup this warning:
Clicking Restart Tor, browser will connect immediately.

Anyone going to fix this?

@muRmot , a fix should be available in the upcoming Tor Browser release.

1 Like

So, to many useless info for me?
When the update comes?

It is noted as fixed in Tor Browser 11.0.6 – the latest version.

Tor update function says latest is 11.0.4

Try downloading the new version manually?

Thank you, captain, already done that.

Without more info from you about what specifically is going on, not much anyone can do. If you downloaded and installed 11.0.6 manually from the official download page, the issue ought to be resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.