Configure Tor Browser + onion hidden service simultaneously

Hello!

Looking for information on how to configure torrc to allow both a hidden service whilst also being able to utilize Tor Browser, if this is possible.

[The Ultimate Guide to The Tor Browser

Chris Hauk March 31, 2022]

Hello if it can help you :thinking:
External link :point_down: (https://pixelprivacy.com/resources/tor-browser-guide/)

Best Regards

I’m just curious, what exactly are you trying to do?

Well, I have tor running as a service. Installed via homebrew on mac.
This allows connections over tor when the daemon, (onion service) runs (in the background.)

Besides this, I wanted to use a web browser to be restricted to connections over tor (to use .onion addresses)

Sorry if my description of what I want to do is vague. I’m just getting to understand the basics.
I’ve managed to configure and host a public bridge remotely, and use the hidden onion service as described. But whenever I would see if I can browse (with TB) seems that does not work with my current config (below.)

So, not trying anything complex. But as both my devices run a hidden service, just want to know if it’s possible to configure my setup to allow browsing, without having to use a seperate device.

M1 macOS reads cookie authenication from /opt/homebrew/etc/tor/control_auth_cookie
Intel macOS reads cookie authenication from /usr/local/etc/tor/control_auth_cookie

ClientOnionAuthDir /Users/my-Home/Library/Application Support/TorBrowser-Data/Tor/onion-auth
ControlPort 9051
CookieAuthentication 1
CookieAuthFileGroupReadable 1
DataDirectory /usr/local/etc/tor
GeoIPFile /Applications/Tor Browser.app/Contents/Resources/TorBrowser/Tor/geoip
GeoIPv6File /Applications/Tor Browser.app/Contents/Resources/TorBrowser/Tor/geoip6
#UseBridges 1
SOCKSPort 9050
Log notice stdout
HiddenServiceDir /usr/local/etc/tor/my-service/
HiddenServicePort 8080 127.0.0.1:8080

Any ideas appreciated!

btw, I don’t use the bridge I mentioned to connect my service. It’s public.
Just mentioned it to describe my rudimentary knowledge of tor.