Collecting feedback on Snowflake landing page content and related guides

We’re looking for web development skills, an eye for design, creativity, lots of things! Don’t forget that Snowflake forms a small part of the censorship circumvention arena, that in itself should inspire a lot! Some of the questions I’m personally thinking about:

• After we improve the snowflake landing page, should we think of creating landing pages for other pluggable transports?
  • Are we able to creatively interpret usability research results?
  • How can we balance between additional website features, localization needs (the page will be translated in many languages – so every word update will have a ripple effect in terms of future workload), and web privacy concerns?

Etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to try my best to review all proposals received :pray:

2 Likes

@raya sir I also sent you my ideas two days ago , please check .
Thanks
Amit

Please can anyone anyonw tell me from where to set IRC nickname ?

Hello @raya ma’am, I have shared my proposal to you on your mail ID. Please do review it.
Thank You,
Anubhav Ladha

1 Like

Some tips on entering the matrix :slight_smile:

1 Like

While submitting the proposal on the GSOC website, the project size should be filled, but this Snowflake project difficulty is low, and there is only two option on the GSOC website medium and large.

[The project size must match the size that the target organization expects. If you are proposing an idea from an organization list, it should match what is listed there.
Do not change the size (larger or smaller) without getting approval from the target organization first. It may result in your proposal being rejected.]
@raya

Medium sounds reasonable!

1 Like

Hi @raya Ma’am, Do we have to write Weekly Timeline and link to resume in the GSoC Proposal as mentioned in the template given at the ‘How To Apply to Google Summer of Code Wiki’ by Doña Gaba Ma’am? Or we have to just write about the points asked in the ’ Snowflake landing page revamp for GSoC 2023’ pad?

Hi @raya Ma’am, we are propose timeline according to our suggesting feature design for landing page or leave it ?

Propose as you see fit! You know some key tasks/milestones already such as receiving results from usability research :slight_smile:

1 Like

got it , thanks

Hey @raya sent you the mail along with my proposal. Can you review it

Hey @raya
If possible, can you share any documentation for Lektor (it was mentioned in the skills required section)? I want to get familiar with it before the results are declared. I searched but was not able to find any relevant resources.

A good place to start is

https://www.getlektor.com

2 Likes

Thank you @HackerNCoder!

Hi @raya,

Can you update me on the progress of the usability research? Also, I’m interested in participating in the research. How can I join in?

You could also refer https://www.fullstackpython.com/lektor.html

No updates as of yet other than it’s ongoing :slight_smile: Looping in @nah for input on whether support is needed :pray:

1 Like

Hi @raya Ma’am,

I have been following Lektor Documentation for preparing for work on Snowflake Landing Page Revamp Project. I went through each topic in the documentation and built this static website displaying my proposal for practicing the concepts. The code for this website is available in this GitHub repo. I have also kept minimal styling and other features to focus on learning CMS. I also wanted to ask, besides the things I mentioned to learn in the Timeline section of my proposal, if is there something else that I should do before the results are out and the contribution period starts.