Collecting feedback on Snowflake landing page content and related guides

@Amit, please note it will take mentors some time to review all proposals and provide feedback. Thanks for contributing! Much appreciated!

1 Like

@championquizzer Thanks.
It was not the proposal , I just mentioned above points.

@raya Hi , From where I can get template to write my proposal.

1 Like

There is no specific template mentioned here , You can take reference from GSOC official website .

@raya I have a query, I mean you have said that in the forum the designing team will gonna design the wireframes for the website , so canā€™t I take part in this process , I have designed the Snowflake website in the figma . Please clarify and give some insights so that it will be helpful to write proposal.
Thank You

@Saurabh_Shukla Hey there! No need to rush with wireframes as weā€™re waiting for the usability research to conclude! Written ideas are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

For GSoC proposals, best to refer to the GSoC website itself!

1 Like

Thank you for your valuable suggestions, can I share my ideas that I thought and implementation to the change the UI/UX of Snowflake Landing Page website.

Ā·Ā·Ā·

On Tue, 21 Mar, 2023, 5:24 am raya via Tor Project Forum, <notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com> wrote:

| raya
March 20 |

• | - |

For GSoC proposals, best to refer to the GSoC website itself!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

@raya Can you please tell me from where can I get codefile of snowflake landing page , so that I can make pull requests.

Hey! No need to rush to make pull requests from now :slight_smile:

Can I show my work in proposal letter via GitHub repository link ?

Ā·Ā·Ā·

On Tue, 21 Mar, 2023, 11:02 pm raya via Tor Project Forum, <notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com> wrote:

| raya
March 21 |

• | - |

Hey! No need to rush to make pull requests from now :slight_smile:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

To GSoC applicants, some general feedback that Iā€™ve shared with others:

• Our tech stack is fixed, we cannot change it unfortunately. Youā€™ll have to adapt to it!
  • Your main deliverable/responsibility is Web development, not usability research nor user interface design, donā€™t worry about the latter!
  • Proposing content updates is good however weā€™re still waiting for the results from our usability research which will inform both the user interface and the content.
  • Weā€™re looking for technical ability to translate UI/wireframes into mobile-responsive code successfully.
  • About adding multimedia content or other features, consider Web privacy standards; we try to avoid adding scripts that could compromise privacy ā€“ a good guide to follow with regards to this: https://webprivacy.rocks/
  • Donā€™t propose a fresh landing page from the start. Weā€™re following a user-centered design process which means that the research results will inform the design of the landing page and content updates.
  • Donā€™t create any pull requests, itā€™s not a requirement for project approval.
  • Principally, Snowflake helps users access the Tor network where the Tor network is censored :slight_smile:
  • Take your time to learn more about Tor: Tor Project | History

Good luck with your GSoC proposal!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot , can you please share the format in which we have to write a proposal letter

1 Like

Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m a bit in the dark about what exactly needs to be submitted for the GSoC proposal but I have been made aware of this guide: Writing a proposal | Google Summer of Code Guides

1 Like

@raya Sir can you please elobrate second point of it.

Hi @raya, I have made some changes to my proposal and wanted a review if you are free. Should I resend it to you for a review or you will review it from my GSoC application and suggest changes?

Which point? Not sure I understand.

I can quickly review it through DM first :pray:

1 Like

@raya
I just want to know on which basis you guys will select? Like pull request is not allowedā€¦ Then which type of skills you guys are looking for? Mainly what you guys want and what should I do right now?

Hi @raya Maā€™am, I have sent you an email at (raya@torprojects.org) my proposal and points where I want review . Kindly check it out.
Thank you