Collecting feedback on Snowflake landing page content and related guides

@raya I have a query, I mean you have said that in the forum the designing team will gonna design the wireframes for the website , so can’t I take part in this process , I have designed the Snowflake website in the figma . Please clarify and give some insights so that it will be helpful to write proposal.
Thank You

@Saurabh_Shukla Hey there! No need to rush with wireframes as we’re waiting for the usability research to conclude! Written ideas are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

For GSoC proposals, best to refer to the GSoC website itself!

1 Like

Thank you for your valuable suggestions, can I share my ideas that I thought and implementation to the change the UI/UX of Snowflake Landing Page website.

···

On Tue, 21 Mar, 2023, 5:24 am raya via Tor Project Forum, <notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com> wrote:

| raya
March 20 |

• | - |

For GSoC proposals, best to refer to the GSoC website itself!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

@raya Can you please tell me from where can I get codefile of snowflake landing page , so that I can make pull requests.

Hey! No need to rush to make pull requests from now :slight_smile:

Can I show my work in proposal letter via GitHub repository link ?

···

On Tue, 21 Mar, 2023, 11:02 pm raya via Tor Project Forum, <notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com> wrote:

| raya
March 21 |

• | - |

Hey! No need to rush to make pull requests from now :slight_smile:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

To GSoC applicants, some general feedback that I’ve shared with others:

• Our tech stack is fixed, we cannot change it unfortunately. You’ll have to adapt to it!
  • Your main deliverable/responsibility is Web development, not usability research nor user interface design, don’t worry about the latter!
  • Proposing content updates is good however we’re still waiting for the results from our usability research which will inform both the user interface and the content.
  • We’re looking for technical ability to translate UI/wireframes into mobile-responsive code successfully.
  • About adding multimedia content or other features, consider Web privacy standards; we try to avoid adding scripts that could compromise privacy – a good guide to follow with regards to this: https://webprivacy.rocks/
  • Don’t propose a fresh landing page from the start. We’re following a user-centered design process which means that the research results will inform the design of the landing page and content updates.
  • Don’t create any pull requests, it’s not a requirement for project approval.
  • Principally, Snowflake helps users access the Tor network where the Tor network is censored :slight_smile:
  • Take your time to learn more about Tor: Tor Project | History

Good luck with your GSoC proposal!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot , can you please share the format in which we have to write a proposal letter

1 Like

I’ll admit I’m a bit in the dark about what exactly needs to be submitted for the GSoC proposal but I have been made aware of this guide: Writing a proposal | Google Summer of Code Guides

1 Like

@raya Sir can you please elobrate second point of it.

Hi @raya, I have made some changes to my proposal and wanted a review if you are free. Should I resend it to you for a review or you will review it from my GSoC application and suggest changes?

Which point? Not sure I understand.

I can quickly review it through DM first :pray:

1 Like

@raya
I just want to know on which basis you guys will select? Like pull request is not allowed… Then which type of skills you guys are looking for? Mainly what you guys want and what should I do right now?

Hi @raya Ma’am, I have sent you an email at (raya@torprojects.org) my proposal and points where I want review . Kindly check it out.
Thank you

We’re looking for web development skills, an eye for design, creativity, lots of things! Don’t forget that Snowflake forms a small part of the censorship circumvention arena, that in itself should inspire a lot! Some of the questions I’m personally thinking about:

• After we improve the snowflake landing page, should we think of creating landing pages for other pluggable transports?
  • Are we able to creatively interpret usability research results?
  • How can we balance between additional website features, localization needs (the page will be translated in many languages – so every word update will have a ripple effect in terms of future workload), and web privacy concerns?

Etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to try my best to review all proposals received :pray:

2 Likes

@raya sir I also sent you my ideas two days ago , please check .
Thanks
Amit

Please can anyone anyonw tell me from where to set IRC nickname ?