Browser not responding

Yes, thank you.
But from your logs I can gather that you’re trying to do new identity.
Are these errors visible before doing so?

This is the information after opening the browser

Okay, it looks good.
Do you see a blank page, at that point, or do you see the page with the connect button?

Blank page, always blank no matter how you operate it

Okay, there’s another console, the usual inspector, that you can open with F12.

Could you please tell me if you see errors there?

Open Display Blank

Does Firefox work in that computer?

I just installed Firefox and it works

If your computer is in mainland China, you may not be able to connect to the Tor node when you start Tor.

I used vpn, but it’s still the same

Have you tried to reinstall Tor Browser to a new directory, or have you tried to install it over the same installation?

Are you sure your installer is good? If you look for the digital signature it should say it was signed by the Tor Project.

2 Likes

As expected, there is a problem with the installation location. I was previously at “D:\Tor Browser”. The default path “C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser” is now used

How strange, the path should not matter, as long as you can write in your profile directory (settings are persistent).

Just to be sure: did you delete the directory, before trying to re-install?
In a negative case, it might be that for some reason your profile was broken, and reinstall doesn’t change the profile.
If you try to delete D:\Tor Browser, or temporarily rename it e.g., to D:\Tor Browser 2, and then reinstall in D:\Tor Browser in a completely fresh directory, does it work?
You can also copy the installation from the desktop to that directory, but you will have to update the link to point to the new path.

1 Like

You may need to set the Tor proxy port and port number, which should be compatible with the VPN port number

Could you restart your computer, close all the programs running (including the VPN), and then open Tor Browser?

Every time I reinstall, I delete the Tor Browser directory, and the result remains blank.

This problem has existed for a long time. I have restarted my computer many times during this period, but the problem still exists

Okay, thank you for your feedback.
We should try to reproduce it in other machines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.