Bookmarks in my Tor Browser

I was under the impression that Tor did not allow for bookmarks due to privacy issues, but my version of Tor does. Am I operating with the correct version of Tor, or did I somehow get a fake version? Thanks.

what could be a fake version ? Do you have proof you get right tor in right site ?

Let me re-phrase my question. Does Tor now allow bookmarks? When I used Tor before, they never saved bookmarks, but now they do in the version I am using.
As far as the “fake version” is concerned, there are hackers out there who put out fakes of Tor for nefarious reasons, so since I noticed my Tor allows bookmarks when they never used to, I just wanted to check and see. I download Tor from the official site, so I am quite sure it is authentic. I am just not sure about the bookmarks part. Thank You.

I’d like to know also. I know there’s a way to see if the version you’re about to download is correct by verifying the signature, but I lack the skills to do that. I wonder what the likelihood of downloading an inauthentic version from the official Tor site is. I mean, is it like extremely unlikely (like less than 1%) or is the possibility dangerously high (like 25%)?

AFAIK, it was always possible to have bookmarks on Tor Browser.

1 Like

Ok that is all I need to know. Thank You.

···

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 6:21 PM Gus via Tor Project Forum <notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com> wrote:

| gus Community Team lead
October 28 |

• | - |

TheSilentGeneration:

I was under the impression that Tor did not allow for bookmarks due to privacy issues, but my version of Tor does.

AFAIK, it was always possible to have bookmarks on Tor Browser.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I also heard from a Gus who told me that bookmarks were always available on Tor so I was mistaken. Thank you.

···

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 5:49 AM Tn1s via Tor Project Forum <notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com> wrote:

| Tn1s
October 27 |

• | - |

I’d like to know also. I know there’s a way to see if the version you’re about to download is correct by verifying the signature, but I lack the skills to do that. I wonder what the likelihood of downloading an inauthentic version from the official Tor site is. I mean, is it like extremely unlikely (like less than 1%) or is the possibility dangerously high (like 25%)?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.