Big drop in Snowflake traffic

I run a stand alone Snowflake proxy (Docker) in a VPS. Lately the traffic has dropped from hundreds of MBs (and at one points GBs) an hour to almost nothing.

I haven’t changed anything. Has something changed in the backend or is this related to some sort of blocking?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere - I tried to search for an answer.

Most likely, your problem is described here:

Fix for this problem is developed month ago:

But looks like developers have more important things to do than making proxies work correctly.

I’m new to this, but the NAT looks good, correct?

But yeah, I’m sure there’s lots to do for the devs, was just wondering if I did something wrong.

@mre It’s possible this particular slowdown was related to mobile traffic blocking reported by netblocks yesterday. I had a similar drop.

Good to know. Then I won’t spend more time on it.

@mre This is from the snowflake wiki and might be useful to you as far as NAT is concerned.

[
twitter_card-570ddb06edf56a2312253c5872489847a0f385112ddbcd71ccfa1570febab5d2.jpeg

NAT matching · Wiki · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab
gitlab.torproject.org

](NAT matching · Wiki · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab)

···

On Nov 22, 2022, at 8:56 AM, mre via Tor Project Forum notifications@torproject1.discoursemail.com wrote:

| mre
November 22 |

• | - |

Good to know. Then I won’t spend more time on it.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It can be related to the issue #40211 but usually when the traffic drops to 0 it doesn’t recover.

In the screenshot posted by @mre can be seen that this traffic drops to 0 three times but it also recovers.