Are there projected timelines for namecoin support being extended in anyway?

It seems useful. I’m only looking for ballpark ranges :kissing_heart: 1 year, 2 years, never?

The forum seems cool btw.

Hi glowingup! Namecoin dev here; I’m the author of the Namecoin support in Tor Browser Nightly. (Also sorry it took a few days for me to reply; it was a tad bothersome signing up for the forum.)

There are two ways I can interpret your question. The first is the literal interpretation, i.e. “what is the current status?” I would guess that adding Windows and macOS compatibility to the Namecoin support qualifies as “extending in any way” the Namecoin support, and I did file a GitLab MR for Windows support.

At this time, no review has happened in that MR thread, nor (to answer your question) has any timeline been conveyed to me on reviewing it. (And I’d be really surprised if there were a timeline on that review that hadn’t been conveyed to me.) I also implemented macOS support (both Windows and macOS support were demoed by me at Tor Demo Day), but didn’t submit an MR since it depends on the Windows MR, so there wasn’t much point in getting the macOS MR reviewed until the Windows MR is merged.

However, I’m guessing that the real question you’re asking is “why is there no timeline?” I’m not really in a position to answer that since I don’t work for The Tor Project, so probably someone from The Tor Project will need to supply that answer for you.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

okay thanks Jeremy! I will wait to hear from somebody from The Tor Project about the real question :slight_smile:

1 Like